WordPress is the tool to manage blogs and most bloggers use WordPress to host their websites. The new bloggers often make mistakes by adding their categories and tags indexing by giving permission to crawlers to crawl categories and tags. So always take care of your WordPress blog while you index your blog. For no-index categories and tags in WordPress go to your dashboard and make changes in search appearance settings.
First I will tell you about the procedure of how to No-Index categories and tags in WordPress then something else which is important. I will tell You the procedure with the Yoast SEO plugin, if you use another plugin then the procedure may be different but you can understand the concept.
Steps to No-Index categories and tags:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard in your PC and laptop.
- Click on Yoast SEO on left side menu of screen.
- Now click on Search appearance in the drop down list.
- Here click on taxonomies and turn off category and tag in available options but do not turn of SEO settins for categories and tags.
- However sitemaps also matter which you submit to the search console or webmaster tools. So submit online those sitemaps which pages or posts you want to rank.
- To know the detailed procedure see the below video.
For more information see the article on Yoast.